Company: East Hawaii Medical Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
General description of duties and responsibilities
This position works in the pharmacy unit of a hospital, clinic
or long-term care facility and is responsible for assisting a
Pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services in accordance with
established procedures and methods. The position may be
required to work on shifts, including evenings, and weekends and
It is the expectation that the Pharmacy Technician will work
diligently to meet goals and achieve success in regard to the
Vaccine Clinic with emphasis on productivity, patient centered
satisfaction and adequate patient work flow and to efficiently meet
the performance measures of benchmarks and targets time
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Assist the pharmacist in preparing physician orders by pulling
labels generated by the pharmacist and filling with the appropriate
medication. This process may include the preparing and
sending of a unit dosed oral medication, a reconstituted
medication, a topical medication, or an IV solution, as specified
by the label.
- Prepare intravenous, epidural, or intrathecal solutions (large
volume solutions, IVPB, syringes, TPNs, etc.) using sterile
technique, according to Pharmacy Sterile Compounding SOPs and
current sterile compounding regulations.
- Refer all completed drug orders to the pharmacist for checking
- Adhere to safety/infection control policies and
procedures. Report any unsafe equipment or practices.
- Answer telephone calls and triage to appropriate person
according to departmental guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked, and safe environment for
patients and staff.
- Pre-pack medications as unit dosed items for administration
when necessary or when requested by pharmacist.
- Remove outdated medications from stock and automated dispensing
- Perform daily stocking and filling of pharmacy shelves,
automated dispensing machines throughout the hospital, as assigned
- Maintain crash cart trays and emergency medication boxes.
- Deliver completed drug orders to the appropriate floors or
authorized individual caring for the patient.
- Fulfill any special request from the pharmacist to service a
particular need within the pharmacy or hospital, or in any emergent
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all patient and
facility-related employee information.
- Employ the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
when handling hazardous materials.
- Maintain temperature logs of refrigerators within the Pharmacy;
perform special projects as assigned by the Pharmacy Coordinator
and perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: East Hawaii Medical Group, Hilo , Pharmacy Tech*, Other , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!