Company: East Hawaii Medical Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
General description of duties and responsibilities
This position works in a nursing unit of a hospital, clinic or
long-term care facility and is responsible for independently
performing the full range of practical nursing care and related
It is the expectation that the LPN will work diligently to meet
goals and achieve success in regard to the Vaccine Clinic with
emphasis on productivity, patient centered satisfaction and
adequate patient work flow and to efficiently meet the performance
measures of benchmarks and targets time expectations.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Prepare and administer prescribed selected medications (e.g.,
oral, rectal, inhalation, subcutaneous, intramuscular, prepared
intravenous drips, ear, nose, eye, topical, and vaginal) and record
time and amount administered on patient's charts; observe patients
for reactions to medication; document observations and report
changes to supervisor.
- Give immunizations.
- Perform patient care duties and/or treatment based on specific
patient needs, including but not limited to age, medical condition,
and/or developmental status.
- Observe patients appearance and behavior, signs and symptoms,
and monitor vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and
respiration) with special emphasis on patients whose conditions are
unstable, and report observations to supervisors. Document findings
and report significant changes to supervisor based on knowledge of
patients specific condition.
- Assist in the formulation, re-evaluation and adjustment of
nursing care plans to meet physical, mental, emotional and
spiritual needs of each patient.
- Adhere to safety/infection control policies and procedures.
Report unsafe equipment.
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked, safe environment for patients
and staff. Keep patient care and utility areas neat and clean.
- Communicate and interact with patients and families in a
positive and courteous manner.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all facility and
facility-related employee information.
- Perform and/or assist physician with various diagnostic tests
and treatment procedures
- Apply oxygen via nasal cannula, simple mask and/or nebulizer
mask, as director by licensed personnel.
- Carry out cardiopulmonary resuscitation on patients in cardiac
or respiratory arrest.
- Respond to emergency codes.
Ability to: Apply practical nursing principles and
practices; read, write, speak, understand and communicate
effectively with others in English; maintain records and prepare
reports; respond quickly and take appropriate action in
emergencies; follow oral and written instructions; establish and
maintain effective relationships with other staff, patients and
Keywords: East Hawaii Medical Group, Hilo , LPN, Other , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!