Company: Par Pacific
Posted on: February 9, 2019
SHOWCASE YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS AND LEADERSHIP TALENT
GREAT PLATFORM FOR BUILDING A PROGRESSIVE CAREER HOME
Aloha and welcome to Par Pacific. If you are a proven leader with a track record of delivering results, bring your career to one of Hawaii's largest companies. Here's why:
* You will run your nomnom store with a degree of autonomy and we'll also provide support, including strong training.
* Demonstrate your potential to move up, in the future, perhaps to an Area Manager role.
* If you are an Assistant Manager at a larger retail operation, this could be your chance to step up to the manager level.
IMPACT * PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT * EXCELLENT COMPENSATION
We re looking for leaders who can move the needle, constantly striving to improve customer satisfaction and team performance. In return, you'll join our ohana -- we truly care for our employees and promote a close-knit atmosphere. We are proactive about helping our people grow and develop. We'll also reward you with a competitive salary, bonus potential and great benefits. For example, you'll will start off with a generous allowance of paid time off and vacation.
You'll also make a difference in the community. You'll connect directly with customers -- who are also neighbors -- helping make their days just a little easier. You'll use your people skills as a brand ambassador for Par Hawaii, delivering a high level of customer service.
ENTREPRENEURIAL ENERGY AND STRONG GROWTH
Par Hawaii ranked #5 on Hawaii Business magazine's Top 250 list of the state's largest companies by revenue. We're also part of an even larger organization diversified across retail, refining and logistics. By pursuing an opportunistic growth strategy, we have become:
* The proprietor of 34 store locations, which feature our brands nomnom, Union 76 and Hele.
* The operator of the largest refinery in the state.
* The largest supplier of jet fuel on the islands.
* A growing presence on the mainland in Texas, Wyoming, Washington, and Idaho.
Reporting to an Area Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operations of a Par Pacific branded store, including coaching and leading a team that may include Customer Service Associates (CSA), Senior CSA and Assistant Store Manager.
Your key objectives will include ensuring that the store meets performance objectives, serving customers' needs, and developing store/station employees. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you'll be right at home.
Leadership, delegation, coaching and mentoring are all very important. At the same time, you will need to work right alongside your team, from helping customers at the pump to restocking coolers. Our most successful Store Managers are good at striking the right balance between leadership and tasks.
You'll have responsibilities in four main areas:
* Business and financial management
* Customer focus and site relationships
* Leadership and personnel management
* Safety and facilities management
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Store Manager opportunity, you will have:
* A high school diploma or GED equivalent; an associate's or bachelor's degree is preferred.
* 3+ years of convenience store or other retail experience, including at least one year of supervisory experience with a track record of good performance.
* The ability to coach and develop others.
* Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team.
* Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proficiency with general computer applications, such as a POS system, and Microsoft Office.
This position also requires a strong work ethic and a degree of schedule flexibility. Typically you'll work a 50-hour week, Monday through Friday during the day. In addition busy periods will sometimes require more hours than that. You'll also be on call 24/7 for emergencies.
A HUI HOU!
We have opportunities for Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers throughout the Islands, so feel free to share this information with your network.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
You are protected by :http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=56a7c6df400b0
Keywords: Par Pacific, Hilo , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!