Customer Service Specialist (Neighborhood Center)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- Provide all customers with an exceptional customer-focused and
positive HMSA Center experience. Ensure that the experience meets
the customer's needs and exceeds their expectations. Communicate
and promote HMSA's brand message and commitment to service
- Build enduring relationships with HMSA's customers/members and
other consumers by becoming their personal trusted advisor, and by
effectively delivering on commitments.
- Understand the full suite of products and services offered.
Seek to understand the customer's needs; analyze and identify the
root causes; propose solutions that meet the customer's specific
needs, issues, and problems. Gain acceptance to proceed with an
option or solution. Resolve customer issues and/or close sales
- Use every customer interaction to move the customer along the
health continuum in furtherance of HMSA's vision.
- Analyze new customer's needs. Conduct product comparisons to
determine eligibility, and identify the best product solutions,
including benefits, features, company services, and operation
processes and how they specifically benefit the customer.
Effectively communicate, educate and sell these options to the
- Create a friendly service experience for anyone with questions
regarding health care, health insurance (benefits, claims,
premiums, payments and enrollment) or other related topics. Use
broad product and service knowledge to educate and answer customer
questions in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- Use web-based tools and other aids to educate customers on how
to effectively use HMSA resources, including healthcare and cost
- Using language that is customer friendly, provide guidance and
education to customers/members and other consumers on changes in
the healthcare industry (e.g. ACA) and how it affects
- Support and deliver on the HMSA Center's overall sales,
service, membership, and customer-satisfaction goals.
- Ensure customers understand their current products, benefits,
tools and how to use them effectively.
- Service phone inquiries as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness and professional appearance of the
common areas in the HMSA Center
- Refill and stock collateral
- Refill and stock refreshment station
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for HMSA Center
- Warmly greet customers entering and the HMSA Center and thank
them as they leave
- Ask questions to uncover the customer's problem
- Identify and confirm understanding of the problem
- Assess the problem and resolve if possible.
- As the single point person, use good judgment to guide the
customer, throughout the HMSA Center experience and create an
exceptional warm referral experience to management or to a subject
matter expert when appropriate.
- Meet ongoing training requirements and keep current on product
and service knowledge.
- Understand the drivers and trends within HMSA and the
healthcare industry that affect HMSA's consumers and shape their
buying decisions. Be aware of competitive activities and
- Assist and train customers on use of the self-service tools
available such as the self-service kiosk or self-service payment
Standards and Compliance
- Comply with operational (e.g. operational playbook); service
standards (e.g. consumer experience); and all federal, state, and
HMSA compliance requirements.
- Provide input and feedback on corporate policies, processes and
procedures, marketing collateral and campaigns to HMSA Center
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
Keywords: HMSA, Hilo , Customer Service Specialist (Neighborhood Center), Hospitality & Tourism , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!