Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: March 9, 2023
244319 - Physical Therapist - Hilo, HI - 26 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare is looking for experienced Physical Therapist to
work for our contracted facility.
Shift: - -Shift or schedule requirements: Day's Mon-Fri 7:30 am to
- To evaluate and re-evaluate assigned patients either as
Outpatient or Inpatient. Plan and implement an ongoing therapeutic
physical therapy program as prescribed they the ordering physician.
- Regularly update treatment plan, home exercise program,
independently manage a full caseload, knowledgeable about when to
perform re-evaluations based off insurance authorization. - Must be
able to work Hawaii state and federal holidays as necessary based
on hospital operations. - Must have Hawaii license.
- Provides physical therapy services to patient according to a
written physician's plan of care. This may include, but not limited
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional
status and participation in the development of the total plan of
care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait and ROM-potential
for rehab. For hospice, less of a goal of rehab, more a focus on
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients/caregivers in the use and care of
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy
- Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or
changes in condition.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home
health services/hospice and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on
the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the
attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home
families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization
personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept:
- EMR - Net Health Therapy and Meditech
Required skills and minimum years of experience:
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the following settings
working with adults (Outpatient and Acute)
Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required:
- BLS from American Red Cross
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Hilo , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...