Speech Language Pathologist, SLP - Home Health
Company: BAYADA Home Health Care
Posted on: March 7, 2023
BAYADA Home Health Care -is currently seeking an experienced
-Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, for a PER DIEM opportunity
performing -home health visits with our Big Island Visits (BIV)
office located in Hilo, HI. - *Part Time position is available if
candidate is open to traveling and also covering client visits
located in the Kailua Kona area. Prior home care experience as a
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP is a plus, but not required. -As a
home care Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, you will be an integral
member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides
rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them
the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at
home. Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide
therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech,
language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician's
orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and
participate with BAYADA clinicians in the multidisciplinary care
plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient
representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to
promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and
evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services
provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet. Speech
Language Pathologist, SLP Qualifications:
- A current license as a Speech Language Pathologist in HI.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the
American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by
school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for
such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements,
as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process
of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical
records (EMR) preferred. Our employees are our greatest asset:
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the
following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental
and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with
company match, direct deposit and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits,
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that
believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies,
comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and
close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health,
dental, and vision.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and
reliability. As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed
home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local
mandates. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated
entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity
Employers. All employment decisions are made on a
non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age,
disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other
similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and
local laws. -Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people
with these identities or who are members of other marginalized
Keywords: BAYADA Home Health Care, Hilo , Speech Language Pathologist, SLP - Home Health, Healthcare , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...