Company: Hawaii Gas
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Log back in!
Job Locations US-HI-Honolulu - US-HI-Hilo
Posted Date 5 days ago(11/5/2019 8:13 PM)
# of Openings
Under the daily/routine supervision of the Supervisor,
Administration East Hawaii, performs a variety of administrative
duties and support.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Coordinates, develops and implements general office activities
for the effective and systematic processing of data and paper for
East Hawaii (Hilo) Division.
* Provides administrative support. Completes tasks relevant to
overall East Hawaii (Hilo) Division office
administration/Operations support including, but not limited
* Handling all incoming calls to the Division; receives call,
transfers to appropriate employee, takes message, or attempts to
resolve issues within scope of knowledge and authority.
* Receiving and docketing incoming mail;
* Organizing and maintaining files and logs to include personnel
files, compliance training records, truck files, keep
jurisdictional holder files, customer information;
* Processing invoices, expense reports, p-card statements and bad
* Accurately preparing routine forms, memoranda and other business
correspondence and documents;
* Composing routine correspondence and other documents;
* Responding to outside requests with supervision and guidance from
the Operations Superintendent.
* Creates requisitions and makes direct purchase of office supplies
and other materials as instructed; coordinates vendor services;
reconciles procurement card summaries.
* Schedules delivery tickets and maintenance service orders for
residential and commercial accounts. Inputs and prints all gas
delivery tickets when needed and credit checks all delivery tickets
and service orders prior to implementation.
* Handles employee-related issues for Hilo personnel as directed by
Supv, Administration, such as vacation/leave requests,
timesheet/paycheck matters, change of status/address, training
requirements, etc.; monitors vacation/leave requests and
reconciles. Maintains monthly events calendar, schedules safety
meetings and also maintains the weekly callout list.
* Compiles, prepares or assists in preparing/analyzing various data
* Assists other primary administrative support personnel from other
departments in the Hawaii Island Division and may assume their
duties in their absence.
* Administers petty cash fund to include payment for meal allowance
requests and per diem vouchers. Responsible for the administration
and control of the Petty Cash Fund at East Hawaii Operations.
* Performs as Payroll Coordinator, ensuring proper coding, accuracy
and timely submission of time sheets; resolves issues with the
* Performs as Bulletin Board Coordinator ensuring all mandated
postings are properly posted and where applicable timely posted and
removed; ensures that postings are authorized and removes those
that are not.
* Interacts with the general public and with all gas customers in a
professional and courteous manner where required; assists them in
resolving issues or refers them to the appropriate department.
* Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a clean, orderly
and safe manner; performs housekeeping duties as required and/or
instructed. Works in a safe and responsible manner.
* Performs other work as assigned/required/instructed.
* Complies with all safety rules and cooperates in the fullest in
the promotion of safety and safe work habits, to include the
reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S
training on a current basis.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
* Two-year business college degree with approximately three years
* Possesses good working knowledge of office procedures and
* Demonstrated administrative and organizational competence.
* Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and
Power Point or comparable programs, with working knowledge of
customer information and financial systems such as ORCOM and Great
* Good basic math skills and statistical typing.
* Proficient with all types of office equipment.
Preferred Education & Work Experience:
* Prior experience in a utility industry.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
* Valid Hawaii Driver's license.
* Must have excellent listening, speaking and interpersonal
* Proven ability to deal effectively with callers and employees and
perform effectively under stress and maintain balance.
* Must be of impeccable integrity and be disposed to provide
customer service and handle sensitive/confidential information.
* Works indoors, primarily at the West Hawaii office. Job
assignments may require work at other Hawaii Island locations.
* Full-time work, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* May be required to work overtime or report to work in
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for
Apply for this jobApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Hawaii Gas, Hilo , Office Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Hilo, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!